Friday 6 January 2012

David Gemmell Awards

The David Gemmell Morningstar Award is now open for votes! This is for 'best debut of 2011' and Prince of Thorns finds itself in august company! To vote all you need to do is click on the link then click on the book you like best.
The Morningstar Award - Best Debut
Also The Legend Award - Best Novel and The Ravenheart Award - Best Cover

There are multiple awards coming up, and many of them (like the Hugos) are more prestigious (currently) but this one is close to my heart. You don't need to be a paid up $50 member of something literary, you just need to be able to mouse-click. And while I'm sure Mr Campbell was a great person (I learned about the Campbell award today) ... I've _read_ David Gemmell, many times, and loved his work. He died too soon and this award is a great tribute to him and I'd love to see it go from strength to strength. So this is the one I'm going to talk about and the rest can go hang :)

1 comment:

  1. From the ten debut novels I read three and gave up one. Fortunately my two favorite debut novels are on the list.
    Finally I decided to vote for Prince of Thorns.

    Now you know that you got at least one vote.

    ReplyDelete